Tuesday, July 18, 2006

BLOGS BLOCKED

I am here to express my anger at the Dept. of Telecommunications(DoT) since they have blocked most of the blogsites including blogspot which most of us use. They claim that thay have blocked the blog sites because terrorists apparently used some of these blog sites. So what! If some terroroists use an e-mail client, will they ban those sites too. If some terrorists eat 5-Star will they ban 5-Starts altogether? Those in charge of this should bring in some rational thinking rather than taking illogical idiotic decisions. I am now viewing my own blog through proxy servers. The DoT should rather try to improve their infrastructure than acting as a censor board. I hope I made myself clear. Looking forward to some better decisions from the DoT.

1 comment:

Berhael said...

yeah man, they should focus on the core issues.. blocking a blog is not really a solution to the problem.. it curbs one's freedom of expression which is a fundamental right. besides that, it doesn't make sense to act in such a retrograde way.. they probably should follow a policy of interrogation if anything related to suspicious activities is being carried out..