Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mr Mulayam, can you draw the payoff diagram of a forward?

I've been trying to download Samajwadi Party manifesto for around 45 minutes yesterday, before I realized this fact. How can a party which wants computers banned put up its manifesto online? Shit

When I was googling, I found this SP website, I started wondering. Why does SP have a website? Their policy is that if a job can be done manually, then computers should not be allowed to do it. Why not put a 24 hr Phone line and employ a poor guy to answer calls from anxious people who would like better their lives by knowing about SP.

SP wants to ban machines that substitute human labour. So let's ban buses, trains and flights, people can walk/crawl/swim to their destinations right. Let's ban mixers and grinders, people can use the old fashioned "Aatu Kal"(I don't know how to call it in English, Its a 2 stone thingy used to grind things.)

I'm reiterating Arun Shourie here. Think of Mr. Mulayam representing India in a G-20 meet with bundles of paper(read without a Laptop , without a mobile , talking in Bhojpuri/Hindi)

I agree the majority of India doesn't have access to either computers or English. But that doesn't mean these should be banned for the welfare of the country. But a manifesto like this only shows immaturity and lack of vision of the SP leadership. Poor can't be made better by bringing the rich to them. Poor can only be made better by taking them towards the rich.

No comments: